I might should have waited to brag about this Tee until I took a second set of pics:
I can clearly see I’ve got one shoulder pad sliding off the right shoulder towards the back while the left seems to have no shoulder pad. That’s because the pad has slid to the front. Why couldn’t I feel that? Interestingly, even with the wonky shoulder pads, the back is hanging smoothly.
Like wise, I think the uneven hem on the right side
probably resulted from not positioning the garment, especially the shoulder pads, squarely on my shoulders. I was preoccupied with what I thought might really be wrong and needing fixing:
My front neckline is not lying against my neckline. Oh it’s not the fabric. It is my FOE that is falling forwards. Generally that can be blamed on not stretching the FOE enough during application. The FOE neck application also suffers with an uneven join at the shoulder. I hate the typical neck application of leaving one shoulder unsewn and stitching around the neckline. You are suppose to finish by stitching the open shoulder closed. I know it can be done. Neatly. Perfectly. Done. I’ve seen it in RTW. Even had a few people encourage me to keep trying. Invariably my edges will slip. This time I had 3 pins in that sucker. 3 pins in less that 1/2″ of an FOE sandwich. I didn’t pull the pins until the needle was about to piece them. I bent pins. The join is off by about 1/16″. Enough I can tell and be pissed.
I did a little better with the FOE sleeve hem application but I had wanted that to cup in a bit more. Oh and the joins were still slightly off.
So during the ‘photo shoot’ I was looking and wondering what corrective action I could take. I’m thinking some darts at the front would fix the gaping. Mirror on the sleeves and they might cup they way I want. Problem for me will be how to keep the edges of the FOE even during stitching.
For now it is what it is; which is my 2nd Tee in my Spring 6PAC.
Whup! Whup! 4 done; 2 to go!!!!