My HAF: Almost There

As planned, I trimmed the 1/8″ from center front. But when I got impatient and trimmed 1/2″ from the side seams.  It almost worked!

My underarms are just a teeny bit too tight and too high . After this pic, I let the side seams out 1/4″ which makes it perfect ease.

I’m not going to have the appearance of side seams that are straight up and down. Or , at least, I don’t expect it because I truly am the pear-shaped. I’m narrow at the top and wide across the hips.

That noted, I do think I’m about as close as possible for me to having captured the fit of the HAF as drafted by Louise.

My fabric is a rayon linen blend. I think a low quality linen was used.  The fabric has some stiffness and raveled badly.

I changed the style up by putting a slit in the front.  I think that kind of styling pairs nicely with the nailed down facing. I liked the single row of top stitching so well I did a second.  If I’d planned ahead, I could have done the top stitching at my cover stitch. The cover stitch would have replaced serge finishing of the facing edge and two rows of top stitching. What’s not to like about that. Note to self: plan a-h-e-a-d.

But I’m almost there.  My HAF is just slightly too narrow and too high beneath the arms. I changed the pattern by adding 1/4″ at the back underarm tapering to nothing at the hem.  Honestly, I don’t think I can make it any better.

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “My HAF: Almost There

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s