My Hearts A Flutter

This is not a new pattern and not a new-to-me pattern. It has in fact, been an instant personal TNT dating back to its initial release. The over blouse is OK. I made it once; and like it; but the over blouse did not catch my enthusiasm. It is the shell, the secondary pattern, which really fired me up. Way back then, I traced the medium and made the 2 alterations that I need to make based on industry standards. My 2 alterations which clearly differ from the industry standard. I’m really hammering that in because I had a beautiful fit with the first MHAF version (unlike m6077 which took 4 versions to reach nearly perfect). But I’m having physical issues and definitely gaining weight. It was necessary to re-fit this pattern after what-feels-like years-of-use.   I see a trend  for Louise Cutting to draft a wide shoulder and close hip.  I noticed that on the smaller version I had rotated the dart to the hem. So I did that on the refit as well.  I attached the bottom band to the shell so that I have a 2 piece pattern instead of 4.

.

My fabric is a rayon print from Fabricmart.com.  I made a long sleeve-blouse and had about 5/8 yard left over.  I now have a pile of scraps. and a lovely sleeveless shell:

.

PhotobucketI used french bindings instead of facings. I think that’s a nicer finish. Most facings are always flapping about, poking out, and requiring adjustments during wear. Bindings stay where stitched. I’m able to perfectly stitch into place a french binding first-time every time (and yes they do take 2 rows of stitching). Even with a binding foot I have problems evenly stitching the double fold bias binding. Inevitably some section of the edge will escape or worse, catch only a few threads of the edge which will later rip free.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

PhotobucketThe hem is looking fairly level. I might want to add 1/4″ to the center front. I also need to either read the directions for completing the hem or take out the notch. What I did looks a little awkward.

This is the only view you’ll see of the pants I’m wearing today.  These are the pajama pants made from a one-pattern piece pant pattern.  Both the front and back of these pants looks terrible.  But the fabric is light weight and comfortable; and all my shorts are in the wash.

Returning to the shell, the back armscye feels comfortable but does it look a little deep?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Photobucket Maybe it’s just the way I’m standing since the armscye looks fine from the back view. I’m afraid that I might have stretched the armscye when I applied the binding. I was trying to stretch the binding. When I see the fabric stick out like this, it’s usually something I’ve done.

I’m really pleased. I’ve added a new summer shell AND I’ve got my sloper for sleeveless, woven tops.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s